Date:      Wed, 21 Jul 1999 21:13:44 +0100
From:      "angel@demon.net" <angel@demon.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with AWE 64 Value

I don't know if this is an FAQ or not, but I really
can't get x11amp or xamp to work with my AWE64 value card.

The strange thing is, both splay and mpg123 work fine.
But x11amp reports "Unable to get fragment size"
followed by "Unable to open audio device".
xamp just hangs (no window, apart from initial splash screen.

I would appreciate any comments, suggestions or help even.

I enclose my dmesg output, KERNEL config, and kernel.conf/loader.conf:

dmesg:
--------
sb0 at 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 on isa
snd0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.16>
sbxvi0 at drq 5 on isa
snd0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.16>
sbmidi0 at 0x330 on isa
snd0: <SoundBlaster MPU-401>
awe0 at 0x620 on isa
awe0: <SoundBlaster EMU8000 MIDI (RAM8192k)>
opl0 at 0x388 on isa
snd0: <Yamaha OPL3 FM>

KERNEL config:
--------------
controller	snd0
device sb0      at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1
device sbxvi0   at isa? drq 5
device sbmidi0  at isa? port 0x330
device awe0     at isa? port 0x620
device opl0     at isa? port 0x388

/boot/loader.conf
--------------------
userconfig_script_load="YES"

/boot/kernel.conf
---------------------
pnp 1 0 os enable port0 0x220 port1 0x330 port2 0x388 irq0 5 drq0 1 drq1 5
pnp 1 1 os enable port0 0x200
pnp 1 2 os enable port0 0x620 port1 0xa20 port2 0xe20
quit

/dev/sndstat
--------------
VoxWare Sound Driver:3.5-alpha15-970902 (Wed Aug  6 22:58:35 PDT 1997 Amancio Hasty@rah.star-gate.com)
Config options:

Installed drivers:
Type 1: OPL-2/OPL-3 FM
Type 2: SoundBlaster
Type 6: SoundBlaster16
Type 25: AWE32 Synth
Type 7: SB16 MIDI

Card config:
SoundBlaster at 0x220 irq 5 drq 1
SoundBlaster16 at 0xffffffff irq 1 drq 5
SB16 MIDI at 0x330 irq 1
AWE32 Synth at 0x620 irq 1
OPL-2/OPL-3 FM at 0x388 irq 1

Audio devices: