Date:      Sat, 07 Oct 2000 13:42:17 +0900
From:      "Akinori MUSHA" <knu@idaemons.org>
To:        khera@kciLink.com
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org, ak@freenet.co.uk, freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/20624: vmware vmmon module locks kernel

At Fri, 6 Oct 2000 15:59:21 -0400 (EDT),
Vivek Khera <khera@kciLink.com> wrote:

> k> Synopsis: vmware vmmon module locks kernel
> k> State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
> k> State-Changed-By: knu
> k> State-Changed-When: Sat Sep 16 17:56:24 JST 2000
> k> State-Changed-Why:
> k> A similar patch was added. (set the second argument of ether_ifattach()
> k> to ETHER_BPF_SUPPORTED, instead of 0 (ETHER_BPF_UNSUPPORTED))
>
> k> Please check it out.  Thanks for the report!
>
> I think you patched vmware2 port, not the vmware port.  I just tried
> it again and had to edit the vmnet.c file to add the second arg to
> ether_ifattach() manually.

Oh, then I was the wrong person to assign the PR to.

I thought you meant vmware2 since someone assigned your PR to me to
handle.  I'm sorry I cannot be of much help, but please contact
ak@freenet.co.uk, the vmware 1.x port maintainer, who must have an
environment to test your patch.  Also you may want to consult
freebsd-emulation to find testers. (both CC'ed)

Feel free to ask me for a commit when the fix is ready.

I'll be reopening the PR again, shortly.

--
                           /
                          /__  __

"We're only at home when we're on the run, on the wing, on the fly"