Date:      Wed, 1 Nov 2000 21:21:21 -0600
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <n@nectar.com>
To:        andrea@webcom.it
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't build net/gnomeicu

On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 03:02:15AM +0100, andrea@webcom.it wrote:

> > > Shouldn't there be a -liconv somewhere? Or is my setup broken?
> >
> > Builds here.  Builds on bento.freebsd.org.
> >
> > Perhaps send me the output of `uname -a', and the entire output of the
> > build (e.g. `make clean && make 2>&1 | tee make.log'), and we can see
> > what's going on.
>
> FreeBSD mammolo 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #26: Tue Oct 31 02:12:06 CET 2000     root@mammolo:/usr/src/sys/compile/THINKPAD  i386
[snip]
> checking for iconv.h... yes
[snip]
> kanji_conv.o: In function `kanji_conv':
> kanji_conv.o(.text+0x79): undefined reference to `iconv_open'
> kanji_conv.o(.text+0x94): undefined reference to `iconv'
> kanji_conv.o(.text+0xa0): undefined reference to `iconv_close'

Looks like you have ports/converters/iconv installed, and the configure
script is picking it up.  Only the configure script is flawed in that it
doesn't also look for libiconv.

I'll look at fixing the configure script later.

Thanks for the report!
--
Jacques Vidrine / n@nectar.com / jvidrine@verio.net / nectar@FreeBSD.org