Date:      Thu, 15 Mar 2001 19:39:52 +0100 (MET)
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <Harald.Schmalzbauer@gmx.de>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to debug - find error?

Hello all,

I'm still having a lot of trouble with my IDE controller.
Like I recently posted I have a Supermicro 370DER with four 80GB IDE drives
for intermedia-storage.
Now the original problem with the silently hanging system was due to a BIOS
problem. After I had installed a new BIOS the system hangs vanished and the
transferrate doubled. (Could anyone explain that to me ?!? eh?)
But now I have a kernel panic when having load on the /dev/vinum/bck and
/dev/ccd0c (doesn't matter which one).

Since the problem only occurs every dozends Gigabytes I have no screen error
and I also found nothing in messages. So how can I figure out what the
problem could be?

Thanks in advance,

-Harry

mailto:h.schmalzbauer@belenus.com