Date:      Wed, 28 Oct 98 16:41:26 +0100
From:      Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr
To:        STODOLSK@symbol.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Stand alone PC w/FreeBSD

Hello,

FreeBSD can also be a good workstation OS.

The main advantages in favor of Linux in such a setup is that there may
be more commercial applications running under Linux than under FreeBSD.
FreeBSD is more sympathetic to those (like me) who began using UNIX with
Sun machines (with SunOS 4).

You should also look at the ports and see if the free applications you
want are already packaged (eg xemacs, ....).

	Happily running FreeBSD (as a workstation)

	TfH