Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 2000 11:55:37 -0500 (CDT)
From:      <bsd-stable@boneyard.lawrence.ks.us>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Slow TCP traffic between 3.4-S and 4.0-S

I posted a message about this sometime within the last two weeks.

I found that the rl driver (as of 4.0) now requires you to set your media
options.  The autoconfiguration seems to pick up the correct mode... just
causes the device to not work as advertised.

My experience was running an 8139 card on a 10base network.  Had to actually
give it the media 10baseT/UTP directive or it would slow down and/or time
out.

Bug or feature?  Who knows, but this will get you going in the mean time :)

regards,
Stephen

 "We have enough youth.  How about a fountain of SMART?"
  [message seen on a button]
                                           Stephen D. Spencer - Lawrence, KS