Date:      Sun, 08 Aug 2010 17:31:36 +0200
From:      Dick Hoogendijk <dick@nagual.nl>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org >> freebsd questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: zfs question

  On 8-8-2010 14:27, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> Yes. It works very well.
> On amd64 you'll get a pretty reasonable setup out of the box (so to
> speak) which will work fine for most purposes.  Of course, if your
> system has particularly demanding IO patterns, then you may have to
> tweak some loader.conf or sysctl parameters to get the best results.
> But that's hardly unique to ZFS.
Yes, you're quite right. ;-) But now you mention it: my virtual
installation under virtualbox is i386. So, I guess it's better to
reinstall, because the server is amd64. I also think that will be better
in future use of ZFS (needs 64bits to be happy.

Am I right in believing I need the amd64 version (w/ ZFS) above the i386
one?