Date:      Mon, 12 Nov 2018 14:38:31 -0700
From:      Gary Aitken <freebsd@dreamchaser.org>
Subject:   Re: upgrade 10.3 to 11.2?

On 11/10/18 21:20, Gary Aitken wrote:
> Being a bit slow, I neglected to upgrade from 10.3-RELEASE-p29 to 10.4
> and 10.4 went eol while I was out of the country...

Thanks all for the replies.
For various reasons I've decided to do a fresh install, but to a new disk,
mainly to change the partitioning.

So my next question is, having put an 11.2 image on a usb stick, and
having partitioned the disk, is there a way to install from the usb stick
to the new disk while running 10.3 from another disk?  Or do I need to
cease normal work and boot the usb stick?  It wasn't clear to me whether
or not this was possible from the bsdinstall man page.

Thanks,

Gary