Date:      Mon, 30 Jul 2007 09:12:01 -0500
From:      "Scot Hetzel" <swhetzel@gmail.com>
To:        "Kyle Stone" <essobi@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DW1390 and Ndis?

:

> But if I try to bring the card up, and scan, ifconfig returns..
>
> ifconfig: unable to get scan results
>
> Anyone have any ideas on this?

Showing the available wireless networks is currently broken with the
NDIS driver.  If you know the name of the wireless network, you should
be able to set the ssid using ifconfig.

Another option is to add `ifconfig_ndis0="WPA DHCP" ` to /etc/rc.conf,
and then use `/etc/rc.d/netif start ndis0 `, which will run
wpa_supplicant.  Then use wpa_cli (scan, scan_results) to show the
available wireless networks.

Scot
--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.