Date:      Wed, 16 Apr 2008 22:11:16 +0200
From:      Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To:        Frank =?iso-8859-15?Q?Wi=DFmann?= <frank.wissmann41@web.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How can I access video tape under FBSD?

--UHN/qo2QbUvPLonB

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 08:28:30PM +0200, Frank Wi=DFmann wrote:
> Hi, folks!
> I have bought for myself a taperecorder-to-usb-connector, which I wrote i=
n=20
> /etc/usbd.conf as following:
> Device  "Video tape"
> Product "0x2821"
> Vendor  "0xeb1a"

Neither the vendor nor the device are listed in
/usr/src/sys/dev/usb/usbdevs. That does not bode well.
=20
> Now I want to move all of my archived video tapes to harddisk/DVD. How ca=
n=20
> I perform this, that means how can I access my tape recorder,

You'll need a device driver. Since the device is not listed in the known
devices list, I doubt whether one exists for FreeBSD.

> put the files=20
> onto HD and view it, meaning what kind of program is capable of doing so?=
=20
> Mplayer would be fine because I have it just installed>

Mencoder can convert video to different formats. Ports like
multimedia/dvdauthor can help you to create DVD content, and
sysutils/dvd+rw-tools can help you to burn it.

Roland
--=20

--UHN/qo2QbUvPLonB

--UHN/qo2QbUvPLonB--