Date:      Sun, 21 Aug 2016 09:33:17 +0200
From:      Peter Pfannenschmid <peter@pfannenschmid.de>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Possible errors in section in section 27.3 of the manual

--WPrdLBfI8C2msvVngsoC3ioRIbToTuuKT
From: Peter Pfannenschmid <peter@pfannenschmid.de>
To: freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org

--ojWHh4uToWks445VnxdOTf4o5uq3PDPLk

--------------D47856AF6C470FC56B086C36

Dear ladies and gentlemen,

at first, I'd like to thank you for providing FreeBSD and for all related=
 efforts.

I believe I have found an error in section 27.3. of the manual (https://w=
ww.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/sendmail.html). The paragraph titled "/etc/ma=
il/virtusertable" starts with the following words:

"This database file maps mail addresses for virtual domains and users to =
real mailboxes. These mailboxes can be local, remote, aliases defined in =
/etc/mail/aliases, or files."

This clearly implies that the RHS of an entry in the virtusertable can be=
 a file. I believe that this is not true.

1) Please have a look at the following conversation: https://serverfault.=
com/questions/798089/is-a-file-a-valid-rhs-in-a-sendmail-virtusertable (q=
uestion posted by myself). Andrzej A. Filip surely knows what he's talkin=
g about, and he says that the right side of a virtusertable entry can NOT=
 be a file.

2) Since for certain reasons this question is extremely important to me, =
I have researched it for many hours and multiple times, and I did not fin=
d even one single example of a virtusertable entry where the RHS is a fil=
e.

So I would be very grateful if you could point me to an appropriate refer=
ence, or if you could discuss that question with the Sendmail team and ev=
entually fix or clarify the manual. In any case, could you please let me =
know the results?

Yours sincerely,

Peter Pfannenschmid

P.S. When replying, please make sure that your message gets authenticated=
 by SPF or DKIM; otherwise, my spam filters won't let it through.