Date:      Tue, 31 Jul 2001 12:20:17 -0500
From:      "Richard Cotrina" <rcc@demo.telefonica.com.pe>
To:        "Todd Reed" <ex279@hotmail.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: MRTG Compile Error

Tod :

The ports tree is always included in the ISO image. I don't know if the MRTG
Package is included in this image too, but you can compile MRTG from the
ports. The advantage from building form the ports is that all the
dependencies are included in the Makefile, and you don't need to build them
before, all of them will be compiled with the port you are installing.

First of all, You should upgrade your ports tree in order to get the port
for the latest version of MRTG (2.9.17). Try using CVSup, if you dont have
the cvsup binaries, install it from the FreeBSD servers :

# pkg_add -rv cvsup

You will need to be connected to the internet before executing the command
above.

Then, look at the cvup sample files at :
/usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile. You cna use this file to upgrade
your ports tree ( or at least ports-net ):

# cvsup <path-tho>/ports-supfile

After that go to /usr/ports/net/mrtg and build the binaries  :

# make install

And that's all.

See ya.

Richard Cotrina