Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 2000 21:00:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Daugherty <davidd@datasphereweb.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   printer setup

I'm trying to set up an HP P1000 Photo printer. It prints great once I
fixed the stair stepping problem. I'm still having problems with getting
the final page to spit out. I found a shell script at
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/printing-troubleshooting.html and I
create the if-simple script.

My question is can I put 2 if: in my /etc/printcap? Currently
/etc/printcap is:
Photosmart|Photosmart P1000 Photo Printer:\
        :sh:lp=/dev/lpt0:sd=/var/spool/output/Photosmart:\
        :if=/usr/local/libexec/lpr/hpif:

I didn't see anyting in man printcap about using 2 if=

|> /\ \/ @
davidd@datasphereweb.com
DataSphere - Back end web programming, site security, and networking

david.daugherty@netmanage.com
NetManage - The Bridge to E-Business