Date:      Fri, 24 Jul 2009 07:45:23 -0700
From:      Norbert Papke <npapke@acm.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, ajtiM <lumiwa@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: K3b-DVD

On July 20, 2009, ajtiM wrote:
> My system: FreeBSD 7.2, KDE 3.5.10

Same here.

> I did try to burn data DVD with my NEC DVD ND-1300A but I got an error:
> :-( Media is not formatted or unsupported

When I run cdrecord with an invalid option, I get the following output.  I=
=20
draw attention to the line stating that there is no support for DVD-R/DVD-R=
W. =20
I speculate that this may be related to the problem you are seeing.  I have=
=20
not explored "cdrecord-ProDVD".

# cdrecord xxx
cdrecord: No write mode specified.
cdrecord: Asuming -tao mode.
cdrecord: Future versions of cdrecord may have different drive dependent=20
defaults.
cdrecord: Continuing in 5 seconds...
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01 (amd64-unknown-freebsd7.1) Copyright (C) 1995-2004 J=EF=
=BF=BDrg=20
Schilling
scsidev: '5,0,0'
scsibus: 5 target: 0 lun: 0
Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
Version        : 0
Response Format: 2
Capabilities   :
Vendor_info    : 'HL-DT-ST'
Identifikation : 'DVD-RAM GH22NS30'
Revision       : '1.01'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-R/DVD-RW.
cdrecord: This version of cdrecord does not include DVD-R/DVD-RW support co=
de.
cdrecord: If you need DVD-R/DVD-RW support, ask the Author for=20
cdrecord-ProDVD.
cdrecord: Free test versions and free keys for personal use are at=20
ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/ProDVD/
Using generic SCSI-3/mmc   CD-R/CD-RW driver (mmc_cdr).
Driver flags   : MMC-3 SWABAUDIO BURNFREE
Supported modes: TAO PACKET SAO SAO/R96P SAO/R96R RAW/R16 RAW/R96P RAW/R96R
cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open 'xxx'.

Cheers,

=2D- Norbert Papke.
   npapke@acm.org

http://saveournet.ca
Protecting your Internet's level playing field