Date:      Tue, 16 Sep 2014 09:16:42 +0800
From:      Gresnald Orlas <gresnald@gmail.com>
To:        vbox@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cannot set VBOX_USE_IPV6 for VNC Server (VBoxVNC.cpp)

Hi,

I recently had a problem where the VNC server in VirtualBox would not bind
to any IPV6 port except for the default.  I did some research and found
this <
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-emulation/2014-January/011194.html>;
and this <
http://newsarc.net/showthread.php/muc.lists.freebsd.emulation/Ports174976%3A%20Fix%20For%20IPv6%20Port%20Setting/4E0B86FF-9C4D-4CDA-87FC-D6F75926695F@lassitu.de>;
After finding the last part I verified that the newer code is unpacked in
the ports directory.  After trying several things I could not get the
VBOX_USE_IPV6 bit to be set and the program always compiled with the
default (broken) code.  Anyway after playing around some more it looks to
me like kmk ignores /etc/make.conf and any CFLAGS passed in via the port
'make CFLAGS=' command.  I could be doing something obviously wrong, but I
think I am testing this right.  Perhaps kmk is supposed to work this way?
 In any case I thought you might want to know.  I checked the IRC channel,
but no maintainers were around so I am sending this to vbox@freebsd.org
(maintainer) instead.  Hope this helps someone.  In the meantime for myself
I have a patch which takes away the code for the default behavior from
VBoxVNC.cpp directly.  If am doing something obviously wrong please let me
know so I can do upgrades correctly and drop my ugly patch.

Regards