Date:      Wed, 10 Mar 1999 14:02:56 +0100 (CET)
From:      Rik van Mierlo <rik@ricardis.tudelft.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   NTFS and 3.1-RELEASE

hi,

I'm new to FreeBSD, so I'm probably missing something simple, but I can't
seem to get the NTFS module to run. (or probably any old module as I saw the
same problem on the mailinglist, but no answer).

I got the ntfs-0.16beta.tgz file, read the README file :

1. Put given /usr/src part into your one.
2. Apply diff that is in ./diff subdir to /usr/src/sys/sys/vnode.h.
3. Rebuild kernel with new <sys/vnode.h>
4. Make mount_ntfs binary and ntfs_mod.o loadable kernel module.
   (for mount_ntfs, you also need mount's sources)
5. "Enjoy".

except for the last line I did all this.

From what I understand this creates an old module, but according to the
kernel config there was support for this.

So I tried

kldload /modules/lkm.ko

no errors

modload /lkm/ntfs_mod.o

ld: /kernel: malformed input file (not rel or archive)

Ok, so the kernel is ELF and not a.out, but what do I do now?

TIA,

-Rik van Mierlo
-rik@ricardis.tudelft.nl