Date:      Fri, 19 Sep 1997 15:44:15 +0200
From:      Stefan <veith@bigfoot.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing packages from DOS slice

Hi,

I do not know if this question is a FAQ but I did not find it anywhere:
How can I install the packages (like fvwm, emacs, ...) from the FreeBSD
CD via DOS slice to FreeBSD (do not tell me I can use my CD-ROM under
FreeBSD as well, no one of you could help me :-( )? When I just copy the
tar balls and the "index"-file to a directory called
"\freebsd\packages", the installation programme tells me that there is
no index file.

Please help! What do I do wrong?

					Stefan.