Date:      Fri, 9 Nov 2001 20:47:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      <lioux@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   KaZaA port (not working, help if you can)

Hi,

        KaZaA (TM) is a peer-to-peer file-sharing client based on
FastTrack (TM) Technologies.  It works just like both Morpheus or
Grokster.
        KaZaA just released a Linux limited version of their Windows
client.  I have made a port of it that could work with our linux
emulation but does not on my system.  I am running a 4.4-Stable as
of 4/10/2001 with a linux-base 6.1
        I run kazaa, the programs starts, it asks me subscribe to
the service. However, it core dumps as soon as I enter a password.
        So, my findings are that it DOES NOT WORK. I am hoping that
it does not work for ME.
        I am hoping that users with different combinations of
FreeBSD versions (4.4-stable different days, -current, ...) and
linux-base (6.1, 6.2, 7.1) can get it working.
        Do not report failures. I know it does not work for me.
But if you can get it working, let me know which combination worked.
If we can reproduce cases where it works... we can try to make it work
for everyone.
        The port can be found at

http://people.freebsd.org/~lioux/kazaa.tgz

        Regards,

--
Mario S F Ferreira - UnB - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
lioux at ( freebsd dot org | linf dot unb dot br )