Date:      Sat, 11 May 2013 07:16:45 -0400
From:      Outback Dingo <outbackdingo@gmail.com>
To:        Ronald Klop <ronald-freebsd8@klop.yi.org>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Corrupted zpool import -f FAILS state FAULTED

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 4:44 AM, Ronald Klop <ronald-freebsd8@klop.yi.org>wrote:

> On Fri, 10 May 2013 16:07:36 +0200, Outback Dingo <outbackdingo@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>  On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 9:45 AM, Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr@gmail.com
>> >wrote:
>>
>>  09.05.2013 15:31, Outback Dingo:
>>>
>>>  ok zfsgurus, FreeBSD 9.1-STABLE box zpool import -f reports pool status

>>> Am not a zfs guru, but I'll try to help.
>>>
>>> Any console log snippets are welcome. What does "showing the guid as
>>> faulted in the pool" looks like.
>>>
>>> What are the guids for all partitions? Do they interlap for different
>>> nodes?
>>>
>>> ZFS recognizes devices by tasting they vdev labels and not by their
>>> logical location and naming. It can safely report any vdev location - but
>>> it requires the same set vdevs to bring pool online.
>>>

>> zdb shows valid data on the drives, no drives have been removed from the
>> box
>> whats confusing is why its using guids and not devices daX is what puzzles
>> me
>>  camcontrol devlist and dmesg clearly show the devices are there. The SAS
>> bus is shared
>> so both nodes with 2 LSI controllers each see all drives. We were
>> utilizing
>> a failover script
>> if nodeA dies, carp would kick the script to import the pool to nodeB,
>> both
>> nodes are in the
>> same chassis and see all the enclosures and all the drives
>>

> Are the machines configured the same? As in _exactly_ the same. Glabel
> modules, hint files, sysctls, etc.

yes, both nodes are identical, from sysctl.conf to loader.conf, ive also
noticed that playing around with enclosure zoning on the system i can now
see which strikes me as quite odd..... now im wondering if i have a
controller flaking out. right now according to the zoning, gmultipath
should see 24+ LUNS however it sees nothing.

zpool import -f
   pool: backup
     id: 8548776274175948174
  state: UNAVAIL
 status: The pool was last accessed by another system.
 action: The pool cannot be imported due to damaged devices or data.
   see: http://illumos.org/msg/ZFS-8000-EY
 config:

        backup                    UNAVAIL  insufficient replicas
          raidz3-0                UNAVAIL  insufficient replicas
            da32                  ONLINE
            da30                  ONLINE
            da29                  ONLINE
            da3                   ONLINE
            da4                   ONLINE
            da5                   ONLINE
            da6                   ONLINE
            da7                   ONLINE
            da8                   ONLINE
            label/big4            ONLINE
            18084052867377310822  UNAVAIL  cannot open
            2641768775090614171   UNAVAIL  cannot open
            8083525846528480855   UNAVAIL  cannot open
            8200855950201180014   UNAVAIL  cannot open
            da37                  ONLINE
            da11                  ONLINE
            4678398398699137944   UNAVAIL  cannot open
            18315550984013241979  UNAVAIL  cannot open
            da22                  ONLINE
            da23                  ONLINE
            label/backup          ONLINE
            da25                  ONLINE