Date:      Wed, 6 Aug 2003 10:57:27 -0600
From:      Tillman <tillman@seekingfire.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: backup static routes for freebsd (default)

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 07:53:55AM -0700, Ezra Banoba wrote:
> Hi,
> It works like magic.
> But then, ... that means I still would have to use a script to mark the
> interface as down when the remote gateway is inaccessible. Or is there a way
> to automagically mark the interface down if the network is inaccessible?

Dynamic routing protocols, such as provided by zebra/quagga? On a
multi-access link, determining that the network is down is somewhat
difficult unless you can build some kind of keep-alive state-checking
mechanism (which is one of the functions that most routing protocols
provide).

-T

--
One day someone asked Master Yun-men: "I've heard it said that one should
not leave home to become a monk without parents' consent. How then should