Date:      Wed, 16 Dec 1998 19:01:19 +1100
From:      "John Saunders" <john.saunders@scitec.com.au>
To:        "Donny Lee" <donnylee@usa.net>, "David Wolfskill" <dhw@whistle.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: What does it mean MFS ?

>    Can one specify the size, say 4mb, to a MFS to mount?
>
>    I've enabled the MFS options in my 3.0 kernel, but find no
>    way to mount.

Add this to /etc/fstab (/dev/wd0s1b has to be the swap partition).

/dev/wd0s1b /tmp mfs rw 0 0

If you want to change how big it is (the default size is as
big as all of your swap space).

/dev/wd0s1b /tmp mfs rw,-s=16384 0 0

The -s option gives the size in 512 byte sectors, so my example
creates a 4MB memory filesystem.

Cheers.
 ,--_|\  | John Saunders    mailto:John.Saunders@scitec.com.au   |
/  Oz  \ | SCITEC LIMITED   Phone +61294289563  Fax +61294289933 |
\_,--\_/ | "By the time you make ends meet, they move the ends." |