Date:      Tue, 07 Sep 2004 23:49:22 +1000
From:      brisbanebsd@mac.com
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   simple mac address filter

hi all - i am not sure where to post this question, I am trying to set up my first ipfw rule, but I just cannot get it to work.

I need to set up MAC filtering on a 5.2.1 Freebsd box. I am using the command

ipfw add allow ip from any to any mac any 00:0d:93:81:82:1e

I am just trying to allow traffic ( at this stage) one machine to the freebsd box.

If I use

ipfw add allow ip from any to any

I can ping from the above NIC, when I add the first rule ( as in first example above ) it stops.