Date:      Fri, 12 Apr 2013 07:13:14 +0200
From:      Werner Thie <werner@thieprojects.ch>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Packages for RPi

On 4/12/13 5:31 AM, hiren panchasara wrote:
> Played with Tim's crochet scripts and generated an image last night.
> Works great. Thanks for all the work.
>
> Sorry if the following question has been answered:
> How do I build things/ports on the pi. I am building ports on it and
> boy...its slow (as expected). Is there any better way I do not know
> of? Cross-compiling of any sort?
Hi

Just doing it the slow way on the RPi itself, but the most promising
solution to me seems the poudriere

https://fossil.etoilebsd.net/poudriere/doc/trunk/doc/index.wiki

solution, which allows for maintaining the ports tree and bulk building
packages for different architectures on the host and then using
portmaster on the RPi. I'll have to dive into this shortly, because
bringing up twisted on the RPi or BeagleBone is taking almost 24 hours

Werner