Date:      Sat, 3 Feb 2007 18:38:04 +0100
From:      Tilman Linneweh <arved@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Umar Draz <sync_mastar@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Tilman Linneweh <arved@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: CONFIGURE_ARGS+

Hello Umar,

This thread is more suitable on freebsd-port Mailinglist.

On Feb 3, 2007, at 8:42, Umar Draz wrote:
> Fewdays ago I have installed mysql50-server through ports. During
> install I haved edited Makefile and add --disable-shared in
> CONFIGURE_ARGS=
>
> Now today I updated my ports tree. and mysql50-server Makefile is
> also changeed due to new version so my changing is destroy I want
> to upgrade mysql50-server with portupgrade so please help me what
> is the best way to add extra CONFIGURE_ARGS in /etc/make.file or /
> usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf that whenever I upgrade my mysql50-
> server my configuration not destroy.
>
> This is the default Makefile of databases/mysql50-server
>
> CONFIGURE_ARGS= --localstatedir=/var/db/mysql \
>                 --without-debug \
>                 --without-readline \
>                 --without-libedit \
>                 --without-bench \
>                 --without-extra-tools \
>                 --with-libwrap \
>                 --with-mysqlfs \
>                 --with-low-memory \
>                 --with-comment='FreeBSD port: ${PKGNAME}' \
>                 --enable-thread-safe-client
>
> I don't want to change these default paraments just want to add
> extra CONFIGUR_ARGS --disable-shared --with-mysql-user=mysql etc.

Why do want to add --disable-shared?
Beware, if you change the CONFIGURE_ARGS, you are also changing the
plist.
If it would be useful to more people to build mysql with --disable-
shared, you can write a patch to the port and submit it with send-pr.

You can also try to do it in pkgtools.conf.

regards
tilman