Date:      Wed, 26 Jan 2000 15:15:28 +0200
From:      stefan parvu <stefan.parvu@comptel.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   1.gzip kernel and 2.RTMX extensions

Hi all,

I would like to ask you some questions:

1. If I have in my kernel config file the support for gzip and I want to
gzip the kernel. When I am trying to boot it is said: can't boot because
of the format of the kernel.

So what can be wrong?

There are some explanations steps how can we build a small kernel and to
gzip after that? I'd like to do this how-to file when I have free time
and to send to you. It helps and I think. Here as well we can discuss
and put more effort in modules details.

2. I spent some time looking after some Real-Time extensions for
FreeBSD. Well, it seems that RTMX will gonna use OpenBSD as their
platform to develop a RTOS. So how about FreeBSD ? There are some
real-time extensions for our kernel?

Thanks,
Stef