Date:      Tue, 09 May 2000 22:36:34 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Sam Carleton <scarleton@activex-dev.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: drivers for the 3ware IDE RAID card

> I was wondering...  I have not seen the 3ware IDE RAID card in the list
> of supported hardware.  Does anyone know if there is an effort anywhere
> to get drivers working for it?  3ware DOES release the source to their
> Linux drivers.  Could someone give me some tips on how to port the
> drivers to FreeBSD?  If I do this, will it be excepted by the
> authorities of FreeBSD?

I should have something going by the end of tonight; probe and attach is
working but I'm not getting I/O interrupts (my mistake, I'm fairly sure).

I'd hope by the end of the week that the Linux binary version of their
control program will work too, although that's not so certain.  I may
need to negotiate for the sources for that.

As for porting the driver - a "few tips" wouldn't help you.  The driver's
GPLed and not really something that would port well, so even if you did
port it you'd still not be greeted with much enthusiasm.

At any rate, keep your eyes on http://people.freebsd.org/~msmith/RAID;
I'll post the first version (for -current only) up there as soon as I
think it's not going to skin your cat.