Date:      Wed, 3 Aug 2005 18:20:12 +0200
From:      "Sander Holthaus - Orange XL" <info@orangexl.com>
To:        "'David Banning'" <david@skytracker.ca>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: running lighttpd with FastCGI

David Banning wrote:
>> PHP has a meta-port for cgi: www/php4-cgi. Use that to start. There
>> are a few options you have to define, in the Makefile of lang/php4,
>> you will find:
>
> Yes, I just found that reference on the lighttpd website. I
> actually did try it, but ran into access problems. I -did-
> achieve success by compiling the code available from the lighttpd
> website.
>
> Just so I understand how to handle options when compiling in the
> ports;
>
>> .if defined(WITH_REDIRECT)
>> CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--enable-force-cgi-redirect
>> .endif
>
> To enable this, in the correct port I would go;
>
> # make install WITH_DIRECT="yes"
>
> Is that the correct syntax for enabling options?

I'm not sure what the definitive way is, but I use the following (php5 with
fastcgi):

make -DWITH_FASTCGI -DWITH_REDIRECT -DWITH_DISCARD install clean
>From what I understand, you do not need to set those to yes explicitely.

Clean is not necessary, but it will save you some diskspace.

Kind Regards,
Sander Holthaus

Want to link to this message? Use this URL: <https://mail-archive.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?!~!UENERkVCMDkAAQACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABgAAAAAAAAAKyp4ptCu/EW6/gcge57xl8KAAAAQAAAAmdCaudy1G0uz5csj12LpdgEAAAAA>