Date:      Tue, 9 Sep 2003 16:17:48 -0700
From:      "Drew Tomlinson" <drew@mykitchentable.net>
To:        "Wayne Pascoe" <freebsd-questions@penguinpowered.org>, "Damian Gerow" <damian@sentex.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Authenticated SMTP

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wayne Pascoe" <freebsd-questions@penguinpowered.org>
To: "Damian Gerow" <damian@sentex.net>
Cc: <questions@freebsd.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 8:32 AM

> On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 11:05:57AM -0400, Damian Gerow wrote:
>
> > When you install the Postfix port, enable SASL or SASL2
authentication
> > (though I'd personally stick with SASL2).  Then take a read through
> > README_FILES/SASL_README, found within the postfix source tree (i.e.

/usr/ports/mail/postfix/work/postfix-2.0.14/README_FILES/SASL_README).

> Thanks Damian and everyone else. I'm fairly sure with that much info
> I'll be able to work it out :)

I just wanted to point out a bug in Postfix that caused me all kinds of
grief before I found a workaround.  I posted a message about this.  You
can see it at
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-security/2003-July/000517.html.

Other links I used to get things going were:

http://postfix.state-of-mind.de/patrick.koetter/smtpauth/smtp_auth_mailclients.html

http://ezine.daemonnews.org/200306/postfix-sasl.html

http://www.securitysage.com/guides/postfix_sasltls.html

HTH,