Date:      Wed, 11 Sep 1996 21:56:54 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Stephen Fisher <lithium@cia-g.com>
To:        Jos Vissers <Jos.Vissers@telebyte.nl>
Cc:        Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>, questions@FreeBSD.org, isp@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Ethernet routes wrong? [was: Why does arp not work when ip-alias]

I'm experiencing a similar problem.  My routers and terminal servers and
other servers work fine but FreeBSD just doesn't want to talk to
this one Windows/Dos PC on my ethernet.  What happens is when I try to
ping it it automatically pops up in the routing tables as:

IP.IP.IP.11   link#2             UHRLW       0        7       ep0     10

link#2?  Why?  Then ping start spitting up things about "host is down".

When I manually add it and set the gateteway to someone else on my
ethernet like my main router and it doesn't work out and I delete it the
entire system crashes.

It's weird.. they're all on the same subnet (actually each portmaster's
dialups are on their own subnet).  Everything works thankfully except that
one PC that I need to get working.  I'm not running routed or gated.

Any ideas?