Date:      Sat, 15 Jun 2002 23:29:54 +0200
From:      Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
To:        conrads@cox.net
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dvdrip error

The following is an OpenPGP/MIME signed message
created by Enigmail/Mozilla, following RFC 2440 and RFC 2015
--------------enig44B2A5D13B4472D8E51E9CDB

Conrad Sabatier wrote:
> Please bear in mind that I'm just beginning to explore dvdrip/transcode,
> etc.  :-)
>
> OK, I've got the port installed and running, for the most part, but I'm
> having a problem with my first actual ripping experiements.  Everything
> seems to be going fine until I got to transcode, when suddenly, this pops
> up:

[...]

I think you're confusing some of the logs here but apart from that: You
cannot encode to divx4 or divx5 with dvdrip and transcode, because
DivX-Networks doesn't provide the encoders for FreeBSD. The options are
there, but they won't work. Try encoding to xvid or opendivx (you might
have to recompile/reinstall the transcode-port with the respective
options set).

--
Michael Nottebrock
"The circumstance ends uglily in the cruel result." - Babelfish

--------------enig44B2A5D13B4472D8E51E9CDB