Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 2000 23:33:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      <scanner@jurai.net>
To:        Francisco Reyes <fran@reyes.somos.net>
Cc:        "chip@wiegand.org" <chip@wiegand.org>, FreeBSD Chat <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Cybermax no longer developing for FreeBSD

On Tue, 27 Jun 2000, Francisco Reyes wrote:

> I think writing to them is fine, but the ultimate show of
> dislike to their actions is to simply not buy their product
> anymore.

I agree 100%.

> Given that they are trying to sell this as a plug in "solution"
> I don't even see why they had to have a Linux version. If they
> could come up with a technical reason why they are going Linux I
> may cut them some slack, but from where I stand it looks like
> marketting running the show.

You nailed it right on the head. The last time I called them last year, I
was taking to one of their sales/marketing persons. She told me that they
were just getting ready to hit a linux trade show. Andwhen I asked if they
were dumping the FreeBSD line as I see quite often (companies startup on
FreeBSD then jump on the linux bandwagon) she said no, but that they were
trying to get in on the linux hype. That right there kind of told me
FreeBSD was just an afterthought. So I havent really offered any of my
clients a netmax solution becuase if they wont support FreeBSD I wont
support them. Which is sad too because I for one really liked to be able
to offer clients the netmax solution. They did a fair job on it.
*shrug*

-Chris Watson         (316) 326-3862 | FreeBSD Consultant, FreeBSD Geek
Work:              scanner@jurai.net | Open Systems Inc., Wellington, Kansas
Home:  scanner@deceptively.shady.org | http://open-systems.net