Date:      Fri, 13 Apr 2001 15:36:31 -0500
From:      Andrew Hesford <ajh3@chmod.ath.cx>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone interested in the SVR4 compat module anymore?

On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 09:37:25AM -0700, Jordan Hubbard wrote:
> I'm just now noticing (I so rarely turn it on) that the svr4 ABI
> module is broken - you get "link_elf: symbol svr4_stream_get undefined"
> when you try to load it.
>
> Unless someone wants to fix it before the 19th or so, I'll remove
> it as a sysinstall option at the last minute so people new to 4.3
> don't go "Huh?" - they'll have to work a little harder to confuse
> themselves. :)

I once tried to get Matlab for Solaris running with the svr4 ABI module.
I got some "invalid binary file" message--it was so long ago, I can't
remember what exactly it was.

Anyway, I never investigated it, I just scrapped the task after the
first failure. Since then, I have had no interest in the SVR4 binary.

--
Andrew Hesford
ajh3@chmod.ath.cx