Date:      Wed, 5 Sep 2001 23:07:20 -0400
From:      Randy Pratt <rpratt@ezwv.com>
To:        dgkerr@juno.com
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Several questions to ask

On Wednesday 05 September 2001 22:15, you wrote:
> I have several question to as, some related and some not.  I presume they
> should go to freebsd-questions@freebsd.org.

Yes.

> DO I break them up into several questions, or submit them all in one
> message.

Yes, break them into several questions with a descriptive subject.

To get the best results, it is very worthwhile to read:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/freebsd-questions/
before you post.

> For instance,
> 1.         I want to know if you can CVSup a single port source i.e
> openssh, rather than the whole security directry.
>
> 2.         If I get only a port update, do I need to do a buildworld and
> makeworld?
>
> 3.         How do I determine which version of SSH I am running, SSH,
> SSH@, or openSSH
>
> I have more.  Should these all be separated out into individual mesage
> questions or bundles toghether?

You might try searching the archives first.  Often, the questions have been
asked and answered before.

Try:	http://www.freebsd.org/search/search.html

HTH,

Randy