Date:      Fri, 1 Sep 1995 08:50:50 -0700 (MST)
From:      fnf@amigalib.com (Fred Fish)
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, jkh@time.cdrom.com, fnf@amigalib.comfnf
Subject:   Re: DAT drive support

> > I try writing to the tape and I get:
> >
> >   st0(aha0:6:0): MEDIUM ERROR info:7d000 asc:c,0 Write error sks:80,1
>
> Are you sure your medium and drive are actually compatible?

Yes, I've used this drive and the same tapes (tried several) on the
same hardware under a different OS.

I did replace the drive last night with a slightly newer model, and the
replacement works.  I suspect there is some strange interaction between
the driver and the firmware which is causing problems using this particular
drive, but only under FreeBSD.

-Fred