Date:      Wed, 1 Dec 1999 14:50:51 -0700 (MST)
From:      Paul Hart <hart@iserver.com>
To:        Jason Hudgins <thanatos@incantations.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: logging a telnet session

On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, Jason Hudgins wrote:

> Watching the packet stream is pretty useless if the hacker is using
> ssh however, which in my opinion, it would be pretty stupid not to.

No.  Remember, you're the one calling the shots.  Go ahead and trojan your
own sshd to leak session keys so you can decrypt the sniffed sessions, or
even better, have it leak the cleartext before encrypting it.

The original poster wanted to watch a telnet session anyway.

Paul Hart

--
Paul Robert Hart        ><8>  ><8>  ><8>        Verio Web Hosting, Inc.
hart@iserver.com        ><8>  ><8>  ><8>        http://www.iserver.com/