Date:      Tue, 27 Jul 1999 07:40:15 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <francisco@natserv.com>
To:        "Dag-Erling Smorgrav" <des@flood.ping.uio.no>, "Rod Taylor" <dark@idiotswitch.org>
Cc:        "FreeBSd Chat list" <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD essentials

On 27 Jul 1999 13:37:36 +0200, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:

>> Whelp... You could use the IP and block it from voting again for 2
>> hours or something. This would allow dynamic people to both vote
>> (should they get the ip), and wouldn't allow one person to load it
>> up very quickly.
>
>Consider how many -chat readers work for (or are) ISPs.

The only thing I could think of was verifying a user by sending
an email to which they need to reply and to verify this id is a
valid user of one of the freebsd lists... but I can't remember
if the lists currently allow to see members (which I actually
hope they don't since this would allow spammers to get the
names).

Overall having people have to reply is one of the better methods
I can think off.. although somewhat of an inconvinience.