Date:      Mon, 26 Aug 1996 11:55:18 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Lars Koeller <Lars_Koeller@odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de>
To:        dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu, freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: X error minor version 0 older than expected

   Hello!

> On Sat, 24 Aug 1996, Francisco Reyes wrote:
>
> > I just installed 2.1.5 today and with it I installed xfree. Certain
> > programs give me the error: X error minor version 0 older than
> > expected
> >
> > Is there a newer version of X than the one coming with 2.1.5? If so
> > how do I get it and install it?
>
> There are the beta versions, but 3.1.2S is the most current release.
>
> Sounds like you upgraded and neglected to upgrade all of X.

      No that's definitely  not true. I do the X-Developer upgrade from 2.1
   to 2.1.5 with ftp from the German mirror and  notice the same message of
   the dynamic linker.   I checked that  all the libs are correct installed
   and wonder how  in a XFree86 Release (3.1.2E  if I remember right) could
   be  a binary witch is linked against libX11.so.6.1  but in the lib dir I
   only find libX11.so.6.0.

   Regards

   Lars
Lars Köller                  Phone:  +49 381/498-1665, Fax: -1667
University of Rostock        E-Mail:
Department of Physics          Lars_Koeller@odie.physik2.Uni-Rostock.DE
Universitätsplatz 3          Anonymous ftp:
D-18051 Rostock (Germany)      ftp://odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de/pub