Date:      Sat, 14 Jun 2014 16:53:06 -0700
From:      Chris Maness <chris@chrismaness.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Port Changes FAQ

I have not been keeping up with all of the changes going on with
FreeBSD.  I received a couple of end of life notices, so I have
upgraded and I am good till fall.  Is there a place where I can find
out all the changes that are happening so that I am not asking the
same question that might have already been asked many times here?

I used to use ports, portsnap, portaudit, portupgrade, etc...

I understand that FreeBSD is moving towards a more binary model.  I
used to build everything from ports, #make install clean sorts of
commands.  Is this going away?

My questions can run on, so I will stop here.

Thanks,
Chris