Date:      Tue, 23 Nov 2004 00:21:43 -0800
From:      Trevor Hart <Trevor@eafhl.servegame.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Apache port

I installed Apache version 2.0.43 on my FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE server. The
httpd file is set up with Listen 80 and Listen 8000. The problem is that =
it
will not accept connections on port 80, even though it is listening =
(checked
using netstat, and sockstat). It works fine on port 8000. I have never
configured a router, so as far as I know, there=92s not one running. I =
am
running a mail server, ftp, and a telnet server without problems in =
addition
to the web server. It is not a problem with my ISP, nor my router as it =
will
work if I forward port 80 to another computer. As far as I can tell, =
it=92s
being blocked by FreeBSD, but I have no idea where or why, nor how to =
fix
it.

---