Date:      Thu, 13 Jul 2006 10:28:55 -0400
From:      Gerard Seibert <gerard@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: swith old version to the new version

tethys ocean wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I have some problem about How I can switch new version of program in my
> system, without clean old version.
>
> I want to install Spamasssasin so it need perl and in my server running old
> version of perl(perl5) and also I install new version of perl(perl5.8) but
> my system dont switch new version so I couldnt install  Spamasssassin. What
> can I do?

Did you read all of the instructions for updating Perl prior to
attempting to install Spamassassin?

--
Gerard Seibert
gerard@seibercom.net

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little
statesmen and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul
has simply nothing to do.

     Ralph Waldo Emerson