Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 2000 11:31:44 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Geoffrey T. Cheshire" <gches@goodnet.com>
To:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   What cruft to remove after 3.4 -> 4.0?

Hi all,

Well, I guess I'm one of the lucky non-kernel-hackers to not have a big
problem upgrading 3.4 -> 4.0 via source (though I did get bit by the
install-info incompatibility).  Now that my box is up with a 4.0 kernel
and world, I'd like to start removing redundant packages.  For example,
OpenSSH was, IIRC, a port but is now a core component, so you get copies
in both /usr and /usr/local.

Is there a canonical list of things like this to pare?  Should I use
pkg_delete?

Thanks for any suggestions,
Geoff

Geoffrey T. Cheshire <gches@goodnet.com> <geoffrey.cheshire@azbar.org>