Date:      Mon, 16 Jul 2007 18:40:15 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Dmitry Morozovsky <marck@rinet.ru>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /var/db/ports/*/options auto-generation

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007, Doug Barton wrote:

DB> Dmitry Morozovsky wrote:
DB> > Dear colleagues,
DB> >
DB> > is there any way to generate set of /var/db/ports/*/options in their default
DB> > state? BATCH=1 will leave this hierarchy untouched, but when installing new
DB> > system I would prefer options files to be generated, to be able to look
DB> > through, analyze and possibly re-build some ports later.
DB>
DB> I'm not sure it's exactly what you're looking for, but portmaster will
DB> present all the OPTIONS dialogs first before it starts building the
DB> first port, which allows you to set all the options then walk away
DB> while stuff builds. Once the options files are already there you can
DB> do the whole process again with the --force-config option, or let them
DB> stay as is until something changes (which is the default).
DB>
DB> hope this helps,

It's not exactly what I want as I need to repeat Tab-Enter pairs for each of
OPTIONS contained port.  What I want is generation options file for all the
ports including defaults (possibly overrided in /etc/make.conf) WITH/WITHOUT
lines...

Sincerely,
*** Dmitry Morozovsky --- D.Marck --- Wild Woozle --- marck@rinet.ru ***