Date:      Mon, 1 Nov 2004 21:03:45 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Josh Ockert" <torstenvl@gmail.com>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: GPL vs BSD Licence

Apparently you were interested enough to post.

> Most of us come from Linux

That is a rather illogical view don't you think?  The majority of users
of computers out there start out as Windows users, this is pretty well
proven by innumerable marketing surveys.  Therefore it stands to reason
that of the newbiews to FreeBSD that Windows users, not Linux users,
are going to be the majority, purely because of the numbers.

Also I can't help but point out that my book covered the newbie
coming into FreeBSD from WINDOWS not from LINUX.  I very much doubt
it would have been accepted for publication if it had assumed newbies
to FreeBSD came from Linux, not Windows.  Publishing is pretty much
a numbers game.

Ted