Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 1999 19:42:21 +0100
From:      Stuart Henderson <stuart@eclipse.net.uk>
To:        "peter@cyber1.net" <peter@cyber1.net>
Cc:        "'admin@wholesalehosting.com'" <admin@wholesalehosting.com>, "'freebsd-isp@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FrontPage

> i'm not a good enough geek to tell you exactly how they work
> but i can tell you what they do.

could do with one of those, an open source reverse engineered frontpage
server extensions would be incredibly useful :-)

>  having the fp extensions installed allows fancy msfp 'web bots'
> to work.

Or not, as the case may be.

> like counters,

which sometimes work!

> the bad side of it all is that the fp_install.sh is very
> poorly written with a number of traps that will send you down
> a dead end or permanent loop.

Fortunately Zeus has it's own install script :-)

> the fpsrvadm.exe program is rather elusive as to what it wants as
> well and is very tricky to get working right.

setuid everything root and it's easy. anything else and you'll probably
end up spending a little (or lot) of time ktracing to see what it's
trying to do :-(

Oh, and I think it will help to make sure you are using DES passwords on
the frontpage box.