Date:      Sun, 18 Mar 2007 09:42:32 -0500
From:      Chris <racerx@makeworld.com>
To:        Frank <andreas.chiou@msa.hinet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: about MySQL install

Frank wrote:
> hi,
>     i have questions about install MySQL in FreeBSD 6.0, after type # make it would be display like bottom.
>
> make all-recursive
> Making all in .
> Making all in include
> make all-am
> Making all in Docs
> Making all in cmd-line-utils
> Making all in libedit
> Making all in sql-common
> Making all in pstack
> Making all in aout
> Making all in strings
> Making all in mysys
> Making all in dbug
> /bin/sh ../libtool --preserve-dup-deps --tag=CC --mode=link gcc -O3 -DDBUG_OFF -o factorial my_main.o factorial.o libdbug.a
> ../mysys/libmysys.a ../strings/libmystrings.a -lc_r -lcrypt -lm -lc_r
> gcc -O3 -DDBUG_OFF -o factorial my_main.o factorial.o  libdbug.a ../mysys/libmysys.a ../strings/libmystrings.a -lcrypt -lm
> ../mysys/libmysys.a(my_thr_init.o) (.text+0x5f): In function 'my_thread_global_end':
> :undefined reference to 'pthread_cond_timedwait'
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/home/frank/mysql-5.0.33/dbug.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/home/frank/mysql-5.0.33.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/home/frank/mysql-5.0.33.
>

> P.S I'm a new, so i don't know how to solve this problem hope you can solve for me easily.
>

>>From Frank

Why aren't you installing from either the ports tree or package?
If you are using a downloaded tarball (and it seems as you are) You
pretty much are on your own.

The packages and ports are there for you to use. They are proven to work
with little to no issues.

Its my philosophy (taken from the old NT 4 days) if it aint on the HAL,
you're SOL.

Translated - why recreate the wheel when you have the automobile at your
disposal.

--
Best regards,
Chris