Date:      Thu, 5 Jul 2001 12:01:26 +0200
From:      Johann Visagie <johann@egenetics.com>
To:        Omar Thameen <omar@clifford.inch.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: unsolicited compliment

Omar Thameen on 2001-07-04 (Wed) at 15:22:10 -0400:

> Now, I type "make" and watch the components download, the port
> magically taking care to install all the necessary dependencies while
> making sound decisions about where to put the supporting cast of files.
> I sit back with a smile of satisfaction, watching the port compile,
> and feeling gratitude to those who had the foresight to devise the
> ports system, and to those who maintain their ports for all of our
> benefit.
>
> Thank you, and keep up the good work!

I'm sure everyone who contributes and maintains ports will share the warm
fuzzies at such unsolicited compliments.  :-)

If I may make a suggestion:  The next time you _do_ come across some
application (no matter how small or trivial) you would like to run and find
out that there is no FreeBSD port for it yet, read the Porter's Handbook
(http://www.freebsd.org/porters-handbook/), submit a port, and become one of
the family!

-- V