Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 2006 18:12:11 +0200
From:      "M.Hirsch" <webmaster@hirsch.it>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question about current rc scripts

Hello everybody,

Before FreeBSD 6.1, I was able to write a rc script which modifies the
rc.conf file.
All rc scripts exectuted after this first one would use the new rc.conf
then.

To make this work, I put the script in /etc/rc.d/ and "tagged" it with
"BEFORE: rcconf".

Unfortunately, rcconf has been removed in FreeBSD 6.1 (or -STABLE?).

I have tried many different ways, like "BEFORE:NETWORKING", and others.
But none seems to work.
I even overwrote "rc.diskless", but still no luck.

What is the correct way for 6-STABLE to achieve what I want to do?
(i.e. write the rc.conf from a rc script)

Thanks in advance,

M.