Date:      Thu, 16 Dec 1999 13:24:37 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Serious server-side NFS problem

In message <16722.945365564@critter.freebsd.dk> Poul-Henning Kamp writes:
: If people do a "settimeofday" we change the boot time since the
: amount of time we've been up *IS* known for sure, whereas the boottime
: is only an estimate.

There is one problem with this.  The amount of uptime isn't the same
as the amount of time since the machine booted.  How can this happen?
When a laptop suspends, it doesn't update the update while it is
asleep, nor does it update the uptime by the amount of time that has
been slept.  IS this a bug in the apm code?

Warner