Date:      Tue, 30 Nov 2004 17:07:14 +0100
From:      David Landgren <david@landgren.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVSUP Routing question

Mark Jayson Alvarez wrote:
> Good day!
>
>    Is it possible to tell cvsup to use another
> machine's global access in fetching the freebsd source
> updates??
>
> Here's my office workstation setup:
>
> (private ip)   (pri/pub ip)   (all public)
> workstation ----> router ---->proxy server--->internet
>                               mail server
>                               web server

[...]

> I need to update our private LAN workstations using
> CVSUP but I don't know how exactly will I do it. Any
> idea?

I run run my own cvsup ports mirror on a perimeter box, what would be
your public web server. Hint: look into cvsupd

All my internal machines cvsup off the perimeter machine, so the
upstream cvsup provider is hit only once by me. IOW, their cvsup.ports
files make reference to my box, not cvsup.foo.freebsd.org

David