Date:      Thu, 14 Feb 2002 22:39:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   TGA driver tester needed

Andrew Miklic just gave me a diff which fixes some compile issues with
the TGA video driver and hooks it up to the kernel build so that its
built with a GENERIC kernel.

Having no TGA boards myself (nor do I want any, thanks) I'm looking
for somebody with a TGA card who is willing to test-boot a 5.0-CURRENT
kernel & tell me the video console works.  Assuming it works, I'll
commit the patch & MFC it so that we have TGA support in the next
release or snapshot.

You can get the kernel from:
http://people.freebsd.org/~gallatin/kerneltga.gz

Note that its a full kernel, not a bootmfs kernel, so it won't fit on
a floppy.  Also note that I compiled in the hints information, so you
should be able to boot it on a 4.x system without needing to jump
through any flaming hoops.

Thanks for your help,

Drew